North Kessock & District Local History Society is a charitable organisation (SC035034), established in 2002. We try to tell the story of our community through monthly meetings, exhibitions, booklets, our website and a newsletter which is distributed to all our members during the summer break.
MEETINGS - WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY HOLDING ANY MEETINGS - BUT WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO MEETING AGAIN SAFELY
Meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of the month September to May at 7.30 pm usually with talks on topics of interest followed by tea and a chat.
Picture Gallery: click on small images to view a larger version.
We have organised Field Trips in June in the past. In 2004 we followed the Pictish Trail, 2006 we visited The Highland Folk Museum and in 2008 we explored Thomas Telford’s fishing village of Ullapool. In 2009 we visited Tain, Dornoch and the old church at Edderton.
We have also put on successful exhibitions:
- 2003 – Down Memory Lane ~ an awareness raising event
- 2005 – Redcastle, Charleston and Kilmuir ~ the story of 3 villages
- 2007 – A Celebration of the Kessock Ferries
- 2009 - Changing Fortunes at North Kessock & Craigton
- 2011 - Killearnan Memories
- 2013 - Crafting Day
- 2014 - Feats of Clay exhibition
- 2016 - The Kessock Ferry
- 2018 - Feats of Clay exhibition and book launch
- 2019 - Killearrnan Memories exhibition and book launch